Click here for a downloadable PDF of the Reimbursement Program Guidelines
In order to qualify for this reimbursement, customers must:
- Have received a letter from the Town stating that their property is located within the Higher-Pressure Zone
- Have installed a new PRV after August 1, 2018 and prior to April 1, 2019.
- Complete and submit the application for reimbursement located on the Town website home page- click “Rombout Water Project.” (*AVAILABLE MID-FEBRUARY)
- Include an original invoice or original receipt with the application (not a copy)
- Submit the application on or before May 1, 2019 – applications will not be accepted after the close of business May 1st.
A letter was sent on November 9, 2018 to properties located in a Higher-Pressure Zone, though a list of homes can be found on the Town’s website: www.fishkill-ny.gov. Please check the website to determine if you are in the Higher-Pressure Zone and if your PRV installation is eligible for the reimbursement program. If you are not able to access the website, please contact the water department at (845)831-7800 Ext. 3319 to confirm if your property is within a Higher-Pressure Zone.
Reimbursements will begin after Feb. 15, 2019 after the Public Hearing and Approved Bond Resolution. Reimbursement applications will not be accepted after May 1, 2019. To learn more about this program, the eligibility requirements and for the application, please visit the Town’s website: www.fishkill-ny.gov.
In order to fund the cost of the individual PRV installations, the district must borrow the funds. This will require an approximate borrowing of $215,000 and will result in an annual charge to district residents of approximately $25.00 (per typical 10 BU home) over a period of 5 years. The Town must present the borrowing plan at a public hearing. The anticipated dates for the process are in the Timeline below.
August 1, 2018 – April 1, 2019*
Construction began on the system improvement project
Letter sent to customers in high-pressure zones
Anticipated date of Public Hearing for Bond Resolution for PRV’s
Anticipated date of Town Board approval of funding
Applications for reimbursement accepted
Final day to install PRV and be eligible for reimbursement
Period for water pressure increases
Final day to submit reimbursement application
* These dates are subject to change with consideration from the Department of Health – if an extension is possible, the deadline(s) will be updated accordingly.
- Reimbursement Opportunity: The Town of Fishkill will reimburse homeowners up to $350 for the actual cost of the installation of a PRV for properties within the Higher-Pressure Zone that do not currently have one. The reimbursement program applies only to new installations after August, 2018. Replacements are not eligible for reimbursement.
- To apply for reimbursement, submit an application to the Water Department as per the instructions on the application. If you are not able to access the application on the website, please contact the Water Department.
- The deadline for installations eligible for reimbursement is April 1, 2019 and the deadline to submit reimbursement applications is May 1, 2019. Any applications submitted for work completed after April 1, 2019 will be ineligible for reimbursement. Applications received after May 1, 2019 will not be considered. Reimbursement applications will be accepted beginning February 15, 2019.
- Notice to Residents: All property owners will be urged to check their plumbing system after the system pressure increase in early April 2019 to ensure that plumbing components are working properly. Experience suggests that washing machine hoses and water heaters are the most vulnerable components of the plumbing system for leaking. Homeowners will also be reminded to watch for, although this is very uncommon, wet areas in the yard that could indicate a leak in the underground service line.
- Maintenance and replacement of the PRV’s after the initial installation will be the responsibility of the homeowner, this is a one-time program. Applications for reimbursement will be accepted through May 1, 2019 and any applications submitted without proper documentation will not be considered.